Grants of up to £25,000 are available for homeowners and prospective homeowners to renovate empty properties to make them safe to live in and improve their energy efficiency.
The grant is available in instalments as the work is undertaken. A minimum of 15% contribution is required from the applicant.
Any one can apply for a grant however, in order to qualify:
- the property must have been registered with the local authority as empty and unfurnished for a minimum of 12 months;
- Applicants must have a local connection to Anglesey. At least one of the applicants has:
- lived or worked in Anglesey for a continuous period of five years or more immediately before submitting the application or
- lived on Anglesey for a continuous period of five years or more at some time in the past
- the property must be owned, or in the process of being purchased, by the applicant at the time of application; and
- if successful, the applicant must live in the property for a minimum of 5 years post completion of the works as their main and only residence.
How to apply
Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council are delivering the scheme on behalf on Welsh Government.
Apply for the National Empty Homes Grant here. - link opens a new tab
Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council
Telephone: 01443 494712
We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh or English.
National Empty Homes Grant Scheme - Frequently Asked Questions - link opens a new tab