Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

What goes in where?

Remember to wash and squash your recyclable items before placing them in the trolley box. This will maximise the space in your trolley box and ensure your boxes are emptied.

If the recyclable items presented are dirty or have any food residue on them, the Council’s waste collection contractor will not empty the recycling boxes and they will be left to be collected the following week (subject to all items being clean).

Trolley box

Top red box

  • mixed paper
  • magazines and envelopes
  • textiles, such as old clothes and material, including bed linen. No duvets or pillows (textiles need to be bagged)

Middle blue box

  • plastic bottles
  • plastic pots, tubs and trays e.g. ice cream tubs, yoghurt pots, meat trays etc.
  • drinks cans, food tins and aerosols
  • clean foil items

No gas canisters

Bottom orange box

  • glass bottles and jars
  • cardboard (maximum size 50cm x 50cm)

Food waste bin

  • fruit and vegetables
  • bread and pastries
  • dairy
  • meat and bones
  • tea and coffee grounds
  • fish

White pouch

  • household batteries
  • ink cartridges
  • mobile phones

Green bin (subscribers only)

  • grass cuttings
  • leaves
  • weeds
  • flowers and plants
  • garden prunings
  • hedge clippings
  • twigs and thin branches (up to 5cm in diameter)

Please remember

  • no plastic bags
  • no kitchen waste and food
  • no soil and rubble

Hazardous waste

It’s important that hazardous waste items such as batteries, gas canisters, chemicals and disposable barbeques are disposed of appropriately.

These items are possible sources of heat and should not be placed in general waste. These items can cause fires to break out at the recycling centres, creating dangerous situations and putting people at risk.

Please use your white recycling pouch to dispose of batteries.

All other hazardous waste items can be disposed of appropriately at one of the household waste recycling centres in Gwalchmai or Penhesgyn.

If you need a more accessible version, please email so that we can help you.