Skip to main content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Register to vote

You can register to vote online or by post.

If you have already registered, there is no need to register every year to ensure that your name is on the register.

Who can register to vote

You can register to vote if you are:

  • resident (usually live) in Wales and aged 14 or over but you cannot vote in Senedd elections until you are 16. You will not be able to vote in UK Parliamentary or Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) elections until you are 18
  • a UK, Republic of Ireland or Commonwealth citizen
  • a citizen of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or a British Overseas Territory living in the UK

Find out more about which elections you can vote in on the Electoral Commission website. Make sure your location is set to 'Wales' on the webpage.

Register online

You will need your National Insurance (NI) number and date of birth to register online.

Register online at GOV.UK

If you cannot find your NI number

If you cannot find your national insurance number you can use the HMRC enquiry service at, or ring 0300 200 3502.

If you apply online, your application will be sent to Election Services in the council. They will send you an acknowledgement letter when they have received it.

Register by post

If you want to apply by post, contact Election Services on 01248 752 548 and they will send you an individual registration form.

When you have completed and signed the application form, send it to:

Electoral Services
Isle of Anglesey County Council
Council Offices
LL77 7TW

Video guide: Registering to vote in Wales

Electoral Register

Annual check

Every year we write out to every property asking you to confirm whether the details that we hold for your property are correct on the electoral register.