The code of practice on local authority-school relations states that local authority governors should be appointed on the basis of the skills and experience that they could bring to a school's governing body and the council's appointment process reflects this requirement.
To be a member of the governing body you will need to:
- be dedicated and interested in education within the public sector
- have an eagerness and energy in supporting schools
- have relevant skills/or experience in governor related work which would benefit the school
- be able to work as a team member
- be willing to adapt personnel arrangements to meet to the needs of the membership of the governing body
Currently there are no vacancies at schools.
If you feel that you can fulfil the stated criteria and are interested in being considered as a local authority governor at one of the above schools, please fill in an application form.
Where a vacancy exists, applications will be considered by a local elected member and the headteacher, who will decide upon suitability. If the applicant is suitable they will be nominated and presented to the Education Portfolio Holder and Director of Education, Skills and Young People.