Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Financial support for over 16 students

Pupils from low-income families who wish to remain in school beyond the statutory school leaving age may be able to claim the Education Maintenance Allowance.

For further information please contact your child’s secondary school or visit the Student Finance Wales website.

The website provides help and information for

  • students to find out how you could receive a weekly allowance by continuing in education
  • parents and guardians. to find out how an EMA can help students with the day to day costs of continuing their education
  • learning centres (Colleges, Schools and other institutions) to find out what EMA means for your students and the role you have

Isle of Anglesey County Council is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.