Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Making a food complaint

From time to time you could buy, eat or drink an item of food or drink that does not meet your expectations. Isle of Anglesey County Council will investigate food complaints regarding food purchased within the county.

Please note that we will only investigate complaints that pose a health risk. If your complaint relates to food that has passed its 'best before' date or you have found things in the product that is inherent in it, then contact the shop, maker or supplier where the goods were purchased.

Before you make a complaint

In many cases, your complaint can be resolved by discussing the issue with the shop, the food business and so on. Overall, it is a concern for the businesses that you have found a problem and they will do their best to resolve the issue. We recommend that you should do this as a first step, especially if the food has passed its 'best before' date or if you find strange things in the food.

Complaints about food premises

If you have any concerns about a specific food business, e.g. If you have observed poor food hygiene practices, poor standards of cleanliness or if you believe that a business exhibits an incorrect food hygiene score sticker  or has no sticker at all, then you can also fill in the attached form In addition, any complaints about food that do not comply with labelling or misleading or corrupted foods should be reported.

Please note that it is Isle of Anglesey County Council not to investigate anonymous complaints, but we will keep any personal details that you  provide, confidential.