To promote the Fatal 5 message, we are inviting schools, colleges and youth organisations in Wales to devise, perform and record a short film that will warn of the dangers and consequences of drink/drug driving, speed, careless driving, not wearing a seatbelt and using a mobile phone whilst driving.
The winning entries will be shared on Road Safety Wales Partner social media channels to raise awareness about the Fatal 5.
You may wish to consider an entry on the theme of 20mph speed limits, which is planned to become the default limit for residential areas of Wales by April 2023.
- Team members should be aged between 11 and 25.
- The presentation must be under 30 seconds in length and can include
- musical performance
- drama or sketch
- Entries should be submitted to Road Safety Wales, 2 Cwrt-y-Parc, Parc Ty Glas, Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5GH on DVD or to firstname.lastname@example.org in MP4/WMV format via Dropbox or WeTransfer.
- Entries should be accompanied by a short written summary describing the experience of creating the film and how it could be used to raise awareness of the Fatal 5.
- Any music, product or artwork included must be original and not subject to copyright laws or discriminate toward any individual, company or organisation (such as showing alcohol or cigarette brands).
- The presentation will be judged on originality, performance, impact and the message being portrayed.
Winning entries will be selected up to 2 times a year and successful teams will receive £250 for the school, college or organisation in Wales that they represent along with a commemorative plaque.
Where appropriate, other entries may be rolled over for consideration within the next round of judging.
Closing dates for entries are
- Friday 19 November 2021
- Friday 11 March 2022
At the discretion of Road Safety Wales, exceptional entries will be considered for an annual prize consisting of an additional £250.
We look forward to viewing your entry.