The mobile library visits communities which are more than three quarters of a mile from one of Anglesey’s libraries.
Please phone Llangefni Library on 01248 752 093 if you would like more information about the doorstep delivery service.
Join the library
Our special library van visits around 110 locations on a regular timetable, carrying a small but comprehensive selection of books and tapes. The mobile library also provides a gateway to other library services.
You can borrow up to 20 items, which will be loaned to you for a month. These will be automatically renewed for a second month. If you haven’t returned the item(s) after 2 months, you will have to pay a small fine.
Remember, if you missed the mobile library and weren’t able to return your books, you can renew them by phone, fax, in writing, on the internet or by calling in at any of our libraries
If you’re not already a member of the library, you can join onboard. Joining is easy and it’s free!
The mobile library visits your community at least 10 times a year and the van stays at each stop for a minimum of 10 minutes.
If you’re not able to get to the mobile library because of an accident, illness or disability you may be interested in our housebound service.
Our housebound service is available to anyone on Anglesey who has difficulty in using their local or mobile library.
Difficulties in using the library may be short term or permanent. You (or the person you care for) may be unable to:
- leave home or other place of residence
- travel to the library
- gain easy access to the library
- carry materials to and from the library
The following people are the ones most likely to experience some or all of these difficulties:
- infirm and confused older people
- people with physical disabilities
- people with sensory impairments, particularly those whose eyesight is seriously impaired
- people with serious or acute mental disability
- people with specific mental health problems, such as agoraphobia
- people suffering from an illness, or recovering from an accident or surgery
- people who cannot use the library whilst they are caring for one of the above, or because of other regular caring duties
- young children in the care of any of the above
If you would like to be considered for this service, either for yourself or for someone you care for, please contact your local library. Please note that there is occasionally a waiting list for the housebound service.
If there is no mobile library stop near you, you can apply for a new stop.
An application received from 3 families (or at least 6 individuals) for a new stop will normally be approved. It can take time to reschedule the journeys.
Details of stops and current times are available by calling 01248 752 093.