This is a Sports Wales National lottery funded grant aid scheme which is administered by the Isle of Anglesey County Council. It is designed to encourage more people to become more physically active more often. The maximum grant is £1500 in any 12 month period.
The principle aim of the Welsh Assembly Government Strategy, 'Climbing Higher' is a sustained increase in sport and physical activity participation rates over the next 20 years. The Community Chest scheme will contribute towards achieving this target.
Purpose of the scheme
The main purpose of the Community Chest is to support good projects which will create new or improved sport and physical activity opportunities that are additional to what is already in place and would not be able to happen without a grant. The fund is very flexible and there are few rules for what is and is not eligible for support. The scheme is intended to support sport and physical activity projects which:
- encourage more people to become more physically active more often (as a guide 5 x 30 minutes and 5 x 60 minutes, moderate exercise per week in adults and children respectively)
- increase and improve standards of participation in sport and physical activity
- contribute towards lifelong participation in sustainable sport and physical activity
- contribute to Wales becoming a healthier and more inclusive nation
- encourage volunteers and community champions by developing new sport and physical activity leaders, sports coaches and officials
- encourage partnerships with other agencies that are involved with health improvement, physical activity, community development, community safety, social inclusion, regeneration and renewal.