Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Applying for a council house

Please contact Housing Services Customer Services Team. They will ask you questions about your housing situation, and advise you on how to apply for social housing.

If you want to apply you will also need to attend a housing options interview and provide documents to support your application.

Customer Services can be contacted as follows:

  • Housing Services, Council Offices, Llangefni, Anglesey LL77 7TW
  • 01248 750 057
  • online form

Housing Services’ opening times are:

  • Monday to Thursday between 8.45am and 5.05pm
  • Friday between 8.45am and 5pm

Not everybody qualifies to be registered on the housing waiting list. Priority is given to people who have a housing need under the Common Housing Allocation Policy.

Please contact us if you need further advice on whether you may qualify for social housing.

Yes. If you want more details of how social housing is allocated you can refer to the Common Housing Allocation Policy.

If you apply to go on the Housing Register (the waiting list for social housing) and we make a decision you disagree with or you think is wrong, you can ask us to reconsider the decision. This is called asking for a ‘review’.

  • the types of decision you can ask us to look at again, and
  • how you ask for a review

You can ask us to review a decision that:

  • you’re not entitled to a higher priority band status
  • you’re not entitled to go on the Housing Register
  • your application will be taken off the Housing Register
  • your priority has been reduced
  • you refused an offer of housing
  • a refusal of housing should count as one of your two offer

You can also ask us to review:

  • your waiting time date
  • a decision about the facts of your case that are likely to be, or have been, taken into account when considering whether to allocate accommodation

If you want us to review a decision you must ask us within 21 days of being notified of the decision.

You can:

  • download the form at the bottom of this page, print it, complete it, and post it to us, or
  • write to us or fill in the online form on the right hand side (you’ll need to make sure you clearly ask for a review and tell us which decision you want us to look at again)

Further information

Chapter 12 of the Common Housing Allocation Policy contains more details about your right to ask for a review.

Personal information such as your name, address and housing circumstances are protected under the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that the Council cannot share this information without your express consent.

You should, in the first instance, discuss your concerns with the person you have been dealing with and tell them what the problem is or ask to speak with their Line Manager/Supervisor. 

This may require making an appointment.  If you are still unhappy with the response you receive, you may write to the Head of Housing Services.  If the matter remains unresolved and there is no alternative appeal procedure, you may:

  • Make a formal complaint to the Customer Care Officer.  You should include your full name and address, telephone number/contact point and a detailed description of the complaint.
  • Write to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales, Pencoed, Bridgend, CF31 5JL.

Although the law prevents your Councillor from playing any part in the housing allocation process, they may make written enquiries on your behalf in relation to your housing application BUT ONLY WITH YOUR WRITTEN CONSENT

For example, they can make sure that all the facts of your case have been taken into account when your application is being assessed.

If you are already on the Register and require a consent form, you can download a copy below or please contact Housing Services. Your councillor may make enquiries in writing, via email, or in person (providing you are present). 

Should you wish to make an appointment to discuss your application and would like your Councillor to attend, please contact Housing Services.

If you need a more accessible version, please email so that we can help you.