Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Housing support service

Helping to prevent homelessness on Anglesey.

Are you having difficulties in your current home? Do you need housing related support to help you live independently and safely?

If you are homeless

Any person who is homeless or threatened with homelessness should contact us by phone on 01248 752 200 or email

We provide a free, short term (floating) service if you find it hard to manage your home and stay independent in the community. 

Our support officers can help you deal with a crisis and improve your skills and confidence to take control of your life and make your own decisions.

We can help you:

  • set up and settle into your new home
  • report repairs, sort out rent and other tenancy issues
  • manage your money, bills and budget
  • fill forms and write letters
  • access welfare benefits
  • arrange appointments and meetings
  • access other services we think might help you
  • develop life skills such as cooking, cleaning and shopping
  • access training, education and employment
  • access leisure activities
  • stay in contact with family and friends

We cannot help with personal care or health care.

The service is available to Anglesey residents who are 16 years or over, living in any type of accommodation, including homeowners. 

We support single people and families who are committed to working with us.

You might need support because:

  • you are moving into new or unsupported accommodation
  • you are having difficulties with your current accommodation and may be at risk of losing your home
  • you are leaving hospital, prison or care and need support to live independently
  • you are homeless and living in temporary accommodation
  • you are struggling with mental health problems
  • you have issues with drugs or alcohol
  • you are fleeing domestic violence

Support services enquiries

To apply for Housing Related Support please contact:


Tel: 01248 751 937 

Visit the Council Offices to speak to an officer:

SPoA Officer
Housing Department
Main Council Offices
LL77 7TW 

Consent to share information about yourself

You may want to ask someone to represent you in order to contact Housing Services on your behalf in relation to a housing services matter.

You can ask your local county councillor, member of the Senedd, MP, solicitor, friend or relation to be your representative. Your representative will require relevant information about your case in order to help you.

Online form

To apply for the service, please use the online form. 

You do not have to create an account to use the My Anglesey Account platform, but we recommend that you do. An account allows you to manage your service requests and accounts with us.

View further information about My Anglesey Account.