Helping to prevent homelessness on Anglesey.
Are you having difficulties in your current home? Do you need housing related support to help you live independently and safely?
Our face-to-face service is closed.
Any person who is homeless or threatened with homelessness should contact us by phone on 01248 752 200 or email email@example.com
Any enquiry for support services should be sent to SPOA@ynysmon.gov.uk
We provide a free, short term (floating) service if you find it hard to manage your home and stay independent in the community.
Our Support Officers can help you deal with a crisis and improve your skills and confidence to take control of your life and make your own decisions.
We can help you:
- Set up and settle into your new home
- Report repairs, sort out rent and other tenancy issues
- Manage your money, bills and budget
- Fill forms and write letters
- Access welfare benefits
- Arrange appointments and meetings
- Access other services we think might help you
- Develop life skills such as cooking, cleaning and shopping
- Access training, education and employment
- Access leisure activities
- Stay in contact with family and friends
We can’t help with personal or health care.
The service is available to Anglesey residents who are 16 years or over, living in any type of accommodation, including home owners.
We support single people and families who are committed to working with us.
You might need support because:
- You are moving into new or unsupported accommodation
- You are having difficulties with your current accommodation and may be at risk of losing your home
- You are leaving hospital, prison or care and need support to live independently
- You are homeless and living in temporary accommodation
- You are struggling with mental health problems
- You have issues with drugs or alcohol
- You are fleeing domestic violence
How do I apply for housing support?
To apply for Housing Related Support please contact:
Tel: 01248 751937
Visit the Council Offices to speak to an officer:
Main Council Offices
Give consent to share information about yourself
You may want to ask someone to represent you in order to contact Housing Services on your behalf in relation to a housing services matter.
You can ask your local County Councillor, Member of the Senedd, Member of Parliament, solicitor, friend or relation to be your representative. Your representative will require relevant information about your case in order to help you.
To apply for the service, please register with the online portal and fill in the online form.
How do I register on the online portal?
You will need to use an email address to create a secure account to register with our online portal. You will also need to agree to our terms and conditions, which gives us permission to hold and use your personal information in accordance with our privacy and data protection policies.
Important note: When registering to use the portal for the first time, you will be asked to go to your email account, open the email that we will have just sent you and click on the link to activate your account. You will not be able to login to the My Account portal or use the forms without activating your account from the link in the email. If you don’t think you’ve received an email, please check your Spam folder.
We can check and activate the account manually if required, please let us know if this is something you want us to do.