Anglesey AONB’s 2023 Photo Competition
This summer we are inviting keen photographers to submit their favorite image of Anglesey’s coastline by the closing date of Monday 7th August 2023.
Four winning images will be chosen by award winning photographer, Hanna Baguley, to be featured in the Wales Protected Landscapes calendar for 2024.
The winning image winners will receive a free calendar featuring their image with an AONB gift bag. Meanwhile, the overall winner will also be awarded the opportunity to attend one of our AONB Kayaking events courtesy of Anglesey Adventures, and have their image displayed in the new Information Centre at Holyhead Breakwater Country Park.
Entrants are invited to submit one photo they feel best captures Anglesey’s coastal character. Entries must be digital images of at least 4 megapixels in landscape format by 12pm 7th August 2023. Winners will be announced via Anglesey AONB’s Facebook and Social Media on Friday 18th August 5pm.
For more information and to read the competition rules, please see our T&Cs for entrants attached.
Please email your entries to AONB@anglesey.gov.uk
- There is no entry fee for this competition.
- Multiple entries from the same person will be considered, with a maximum of three entries per person.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- To enter the competition, you must take a picture that best captures Anglesey’s AONB.
- Pictures of pets, cultivated plants and wildlife in captivity are not eligible.
- Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name and location of the picture.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.anglesey.gov.uk/en/Residents/Countryside/Areas-of-Outstanding-Natural-Beauty-AONBs/AONB-photo-competition.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2dDOOZuJif8pphLpfwuFuU18ttRVfp-_iFMN4oIQhHIF-9lHYY9tfgSds
- Closing date for entry will be 12pm Monday 7th of August. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Due to the nature of the calendar, the image must be landscape.
- For quality purposes, the picture must contain a minimum of 4 megapixels.
- The prize is as follows:
- The top 4 entries will have their image featured in the Wales Protected Landscapes Calendar for 2024, and will receive a free copy of the Calendar.
- The overall winner will be awarded the opportunity to attend an outdoor AONB Event (e.g. Fungal Forage, Kayaking, Nature Walk).
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- Winners will be chosen by award winning photographer, Hanna Baguley.
- Winners will be announced via Anglesey AONB’s Facebook and Social Media on Friday 18th August 5pm. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Any personal information and contact details you supply will be used only for the purposes of administering the competition.
- Employees of the Isle of Anglesey County Council’s Destination Team are exempt from the competition.