To help prevent litter and keep Anglesey clean and green, please follow these suggestions in high winds and severe weather:
- If your recycling containers are only half-full and you can manage, please consider waiting until the following week when the weather may be calmer to leave them out.
- Please ensure that the red lid on the trolley box is closed and that the top box is in place. This will stop the materials from the blue box from blowing out.
- If you have the individual boxes, use the lids for the red, blue and orange boxes to stop your recycling from blowing out. If you do not have any lids for your recycling boxes, then please phone the Waste Management Section on 01248 750057 to order some.
- Putting containers out on the morning of collection will minimise their exposure to windy weather. Don’t leave your containers out the night before - please put them out in the morning by 7am on your collection day.
- To prevent your recycling containers from blowing away, please bring them back in as soon as you can after collections have taken place.
- Please ensure that all of your refuse fits in your black bin and that the lid is closed. If the lid is slightly open, the wind may catch it and blow your waste down the street / road.
- Please bag all your refuse before putting it in your bin. This will prevent waste from blowing out, should the lid blow open
- Please do all you can to help to avoid wind-blown waste
Thank you for recycling and for helping to keep Anglesey clean and green.