Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Request new and replacement black wheeled bins

Householders paying standard domestic Council Tax on Anglesey are entitled to one 240 litre black wheeled bin per property. You will not be able to purchase additional bins, and only one black wheeled bin per property will be emptied.

Charges for new or replacement black wheeled bins

The charge for a new or replacement black wheeled bin is £39 per bin inclusive of VAT and is applicable to new, lost, stolen and damaged bins. This charge covers the administration and delivery costs of the black wheeled bin.

It does not cover the sale of the black wheeled bin to the householder as all waste containers always remain the property of the Isle of Anglesey County Council. There are no concessionary charges for new or replacement black wheeled bins.

Should you wish to discuss an option to receive a black wheeled bin with a smaller capacity please contact 01248 752860.

New build domestic homes

For new build domestic homes, the first black wheeled bin will be provided free of charge, (following the provision of written evidence to confirm that the property has been registered for the first time with the Council Tax Section.)

For further information, please contact 01248 752 860.

How to order

Please use this form to order a new bin or replacement bin.


We will deliver the black wheeled bin to your home address or to a nominated neighbour.

The delivery of the new or replacement black wheeled bin will be made within 5 working days after payment is confirmed and the request has been approved. If the black wheeled bin to be exchanged is full, the exchange may not happen until after the next scheduled collection when the bin is empty.

Missing bins

We advise you to check the area around your property and speak with your neighbours before ordering a replacement black wheeled bin.

This is because we know from experience that missing bins often turn-up again. If you are still without your black wheeled bin after checking you should order a replacement.

Moving house

If you move home, please leave all bins and boxes at the old house.

If there aren’t any bins/boxes at the new house, please use the Request new and replacement black wheeled bin form and the Order green bin, food waste bin, recycling boxes and trolley parts (you will need to create an account if you don't already have one) or call 01248 750 057 (choose the Waste Services option) to apply for any new equipment needed.

For information about which items you can place in which bin, go to the bins and recycling information pages. 

Further information

Please see our full terms and conditions and frequently asked questions.

Please see our online payments terms and conditions.