Your mini food waste bin is collected on a weekly basis on the same day as your bin and recycling trolley.
Your Food Waste Pack should contain:
- mini food waste bin
- kitchen caddy
- compostable liners
Line your kitchen caddy with a compostable liner and keep it in a convenient place to collect your food waste.
Tie up the liners and empty contents into the mini food waste bin.
Place your mini food waste bin at the kerbside by 7am on your collection day.
- raw and cooked fruit and vegetables
- meat and fish – raw and cooked including bones
- rice, pasta and beans
- bread, cakes and pastries
- tea and coffee grounds
- uneaten food from your plates and dishes
We cannot take:
- oil or liquid fat
- plastic bags (use compostable liners only)
- packaging of any sort
- please inform us if your collection has been missed within 24 hours of collection day
- please place your mini food waste bin out for collection before 7am on the day of your collection
- please put the correct items in a food waste liner in the mini food waste bin
- please try and reduce your waste as much as possible, this could save you at least £420 per year
- please clean your brown bin from time to time
If you have ran out of food waste bags, please tie the yellow tag you have been provided with onto the food waste bin and your new food waste bags will be delivered to you on your normal collection day. Once the food waste bags have been delivered, please remove the yellow tag from the bin and keep until you need more bags. If you don’t have a yellow tag, please phone the Waste Management Section on 01248 752860.
Why not try our winning competition leftover recipes? You can download the attachment below.
For more information on food waste minimisation and leftover recipes, please visit: http://wales.lovefoodhatewaste.com/