Primary Contact: Bethan Jukes
Telephone Number: 01248 725 745
Preferred Method of Referral: Telephone or Email
Opening/Office Hours: 9am - 4pm Monday to Friday.
Areas Covered: All of Anglesey. The scheme is mainly for people living in rural areas where public transport services are scarce, but also for those whose health or mobility makes it difficult to use public transport in rural areas. It’s also for people who need companionship support to attend clubs, go shopping or just sit in a café together, or go for a walk.
Eligibility criteria: Car Linc Môn is a service available to Anglesey residents for essential journeys/support and where there is no other suitable transport available. It is the responsibility of Medrwn Môn to determine whether a specific journey is valid, but the checklist below gives some guidance as to the criteria needed to use the service: -
- Does the passenger have access to any private transport, e.g. do they own a car?
- Is there any public transport that the passenger could use?
- Can the passenger change the time of the journey in order to use another way of travel?
- Can the passenger use the Ambulance Car Service?
- Is it reasonable for the passenger to hire a taxi for the journey?
- Is it reasonable for the passenger to avoid making the journey altogether?
If the answer to any of the above questions is YES - then the journey would not usually be permitted.
Type of Vehicles: Volunteers own vehicle (may be 2 or 4/5 door).
Charging Policy: An estimate of cost, and the method of payment will have been arranged prior to the journey, along with any other arrangements, e.g. return time, whether an escort is required, and whether the service user has a Blue Badge.
Minimum notice required for journey: At least 3 days’ notice.
Evening and/or weekend journeys: Dependent on volunteer availability
Some of the services offered: Car Linc Môn provides an essential transport service for people who need to:
- Attend hospital appointments
- Visit the doctor, dentist, optician
- Attend a Day Care Centre
- Collect a prescription
- Do some shopping
- Visit relatives or friends
- Attend community engagement social events (coffee mornings etc.)
- Build their confidence through companionship whilst visiting a garden orother venue
- Attend Social Prescription activities as directed by a GP.
Any other information: It is possible to register your interest as a volunteer
driver for Car Linc Môn by contacting Bethan through the above contact
We provide training, support and mileage expenses, and our volunteers tell us
they get a great sense of satisfaction from making a positive contribution in
their local communities