Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Making an official complaint

Please be aware that the Council may take longer to respond to any correspondence or complaints, due to the Council’s response to Covid- 19.

Thank you for your understanding.

Definition of a ‘complaint’

Whether about the Council itself, a person acting on its behalf, or a partnership, a complaint is:

  • an expression of dissatisfaction or concern
  • either written or spoken or made by any other communication method
  • made by one or more members of the public
  • about the Council’s action or lack of action
  • about the standard of service provided

A complaint is not:

  • an initial request for a service, such as reporting a missed bin collection
  • an appeal against a properly made decision
  • a means to seek change to legislation or a properly made policy decision
  • a means for lobbying groups/organisations to seek to promote a cause

The Concerns and Complaints Policy forms part of Isle of Anglesey Council Constitution (section 5.7).

Complaints can usually be dealt with on the spot by having a word with the person providing the service. This could be a receptionist, staff at the local leisure centre, a van driver or roadmen. 

If you have a general complaint, enquiry or comment about the Isle of Anglesey County Council or about Council services please fill in our online form.

General enquiry/comments form

Official complaint

If your problem cannot be settled there and then, you are able to make an official complaint.

You can make an official complaint online or by downloading the official complaints form from this page and sending it to: The Corporate Information and Complaints Officer, Legal Section, Council Offices, Llangefni, LL77 7TW

You can also:

Official complaint online form

Social services

Please note that there is a separate complaints procedure for social services


The Education Department also operates a separate complaints procedure for schools as each school has its own complaints policy. They can be obtained by contacting the relevant school.

Welsh language complaints

If you wish to make a complaint relating to the Council’s compliance with Welsh Language Standards or a failure on the Council’s part to provide a bilingual service, please use this procedure. 

You also have the right to directly refer any complaints relating to the Welsh language to the Welsh Language Commissioner


Necessary cookies are required for basic functions such as page navigation, managing content delivery and our live help service. The website cannot function properly without these cookies and cannot be disabled.



Preference cookies enable the website to remember your language preference or optional controls.



Analytical and statistics cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.