Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Making a Freedom of Information (FOI) request

Please be aware that the Council may take longer to respond to any correspondence or complaints, due to staff shortages and the Council’s response to Covid- 19.

Thank you for your understanding.

Requests for information should be submitted by post to the Corporate Information Officer (Legal Section at

Alternatively, you can submit your request by registering on our portal and filling in our online form .

How do I register on the online portal?

You will need to use an email address to create a secure account to register with our online portal. You will also need to agree to our terms and conditions, which gives us permission to hold and use your personal information in accordance with our privacy and data protection policies.

Important note: When registering to use the portal for the first time, you will be asked to go to your email account, open the email that we will have just sent you and click on the link to activate your account.

You will not be able to login to the My Account portal or use the forms without activating your account from the link in the email. If you don’t think you’ve received an email, please check your Spam folder. We can check and activate the account manually if required, please let us know if this is something you want us to do.

Requesting information

When requesting information please include the following details:

  • your name and address
  • daytime contact number/email
  • the information/documents you require (If the information is in the Publication Scheme please quote the publication reference number)
  • please provide as full a description as possible of the information you require and make the information as specific as possible
  • the way you would like the information sent to you if in hard copy or email etc
  • if a charge is shown for a publication please enclose your payment with the request

If you make a request, you must be informed:

  • whether the council has that information
  • and, if it does (and it is not exempt), you must be supplied with the information within twenty working days