Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Gambling and lottery licences

Isle of Anglesey County Council is responsible for issuing premises licences and the Gambling Commission is responsible for issuing the operating and personal licences.

The Act provides for three categories of licence

  • operating licences
  • personal licences
  • premises licences

The Gambling Commission regulates gambling in the public interest by keeping crime out out of gambling, ensuring that gambling is conducted fairly and openly and by protecting children and the vulnerable.

The Commission have and will continue to issue guidance to Local Authorities regarding the manner in which they should regulate gambling, and the manner in which facilities for gambling are provided which may also include provisions about advertising gambling facilities.

Small society lotteries

Small society lotteries must be registered with the Council.

The Gambling Commission provides advice on fund raising with small lotteries.

The Gambling Commission can be contacted through their website.

If you need a more accessible version, please email so that we can help you.