Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Car boot and temporary markets

To hold a car boot sale or temporary market you may need authorisation or a licence from the local authority for the area where the sale will be held.

No provision in regulation

Applicants must give the district or borough council at least TWENTY EIGHT DAYS notice of their intention to hold a car boot sale (or to permit their land to be used for a car boot sale),

Applications must be made in writing (including by electronic means) and include the applicant’s name and address, contact telephone number, where and when they desire to trade and the name and address of the occupier of that site, if he is not the applicant. The applicant must be over eighteen years of age to make an application of this nature. The applicant must also supply times of expected operation and details of suitable public liability insurance.

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within a reasonable period, please contact it.

For more information and an application form, contact: 01248 750057

Please contact the Licensing Section in the first instance.

Please contact the Licensing Section in the first instance.

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.