The Anglesey Energy Island™ Programme, established by Isle of Anglesey County Council, is a collective effort between several stakeholders within the public, private and third sectors working in partnership, putting Anglesey at the forefront of low carbon energy research and development, production and servicing, and bringing with it potentially huge economic rewards.
Energy Island’s vision is to create a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for jobs, economic growth and prosperity through capitalising on a number of transformational projects on Anglesey.
The Energy Island Programme collaborates with a number of key stakeholders to:
- Attract and de-risk major strategic investment
- Influence potential developers
- Support development of competitive people and communities
- Support development of competitive businesses
- Support development of competitive infrastructure
- Realise the benefits major projects can bring and mitigate adverse impacts
- Maximise long-term legacy benefits