Skip to content

Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn - Isle of Anglesey County Council

Electoral registration: living or working abroad

If you are a British citizen and you are living or working abroad, you may be eligible to vote at Parliamentary elections and European Parliamentary elections from your last registered address. To be eligible to register as an overseas voter the applicant must have been registered in the UK within a 15 year period.

Once registered as an overseas elector, you will be able to vote by post or proxy for all Parliamentary and European Parliamentary elections.

You can register as an overseas elector if

  • you are a British Citizen living outside the United Kingdom
  • your name was previously on the electoral register for an address within the district
  • there is no more than 15 years between the qualifying date for the registration and the date of the application

Please contact the electoral registration service to request a form.