Isle of Anglesey County Council prides itself on offering a supportive organisation culture, in a positive and friendly work environment, where excellent terms and conditions of employment are offered at competitive salaries.
Search for a job
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Manteision Môn discount card.
- Car Loan Scheme. This excellent scheme is available to all employees who use their vehicle in the course of their duties in accordance with the terms of the agreement set out by the authority. Please note that the vehicle purchased must be used regularly by the employee in the course of his/her duties and this should be reflected in any mileage expenses claimed.
- Discounts for membership of the authority’s leisure centres.
- Training and development programme to support both in house short courses and external professional qualifications.
- Free car parking.
- Facilities. The majority of the council offices have basic kitchen facilities available to staff. Also an area to eat lunch or for informal meetings is located in ‘Encil Môn’, second floor of the Main Council Building.
- Discounts on EE Mobile.
- Occupational health support service.
- Flex – physiotherapy.
- Medra - 24/7 self-referral counselling services for employees – up to 4 sessions a year. Access to online service.
- Free eye tests for regular VDU users.
- Wellbeing initiatives.
- Cycle to Work Scheme. The Council, through its partnership with Halfords, provides a Cycle 2 Work scheme for employees.
- Annual leave per annum
Up to 5 years service 26 days
Between 5 and 10 years service 29 days
Over 10 years service 32 days.
Bank Holidays 8 days
This will be pro rata for part time staff.
Anglesey has excellent policies in place to ensure that employees balance the demands of work and home.
The council’s Flexible Working Policy provides an adjustment to working patterns to help employees combine work with other responsibilities, whilst providing the council with flexibility to provide a better-integrated and more responsive service
- Family-friendly policies to include maternity leave, paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave and career break
- Additional annual leave purchase scheme
Sign up to our bulletin to receive our latest job opportunities.