Annual rent: £7,500 exclusive
- Retail unit in the centre of Llanerchymedd
- Net internal floor area totalling 158m² (1,700 sq ft) or thereabout
- Established A1 use class and may be considered suitable for a change of use to A2 subject to obtaining planning consent
- Eligible for 100% business rates relief (at January 2023)
- Energy performance (EPC) rating: C
The property is a ground floor retail unit with a large upstairs mezzanine area. The property is one of three adjoining shop properties within the village of Llanerchymedd. The net internal area is approximately 158m² (1700 sq ft) with a fully glazed return frontage. The accommodation comprises of a front retail area, rear store room, first floor, and WC. There is a residential flat above with separate rear access. Our Planning Section advises us that the established planning use falls within class A1 (shops) and may be considered suitable for a change of use to A2 (financial and professional services) use subject to planning consent. An internal repairing and insuring lease will be available.
It is understood that the property benefits from mains electricity, water and drainage. Interested parties should seek clarification that service provisions are suitable for their own proposed use.
A three year protected lease agreement with the tenant being responsible for internal maintenance. Rent will be payable monthly in advance. The successful applicant will be responsible for the preparation of the lease, which will be in the region of £659. The Council has a policy of securing commercial rental deposits equal to six months’ rent. This is a completely separate payment to the first instalment of rent.
The property is available to let, subject to a successful application; which will involve the provision of a bank reference, two trade (or character) references, and a business plan.
Expressions of interest and viewing
To express interest, contact Anglesey County Council's Property Section on 01248 752245 / 755241 or PropertyEnquiries@ynysmon.llyw.cymru by midday, Friday 24 February 2023.
The units can be viewed by appointment only.
(1) These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract.
(2) All descriptions, photographs and plans are for guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. All areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. Any prospective purchaser must satisfy themselves of the correctness of the information within the particulars by inspection or otherwise. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. Isle of Anglesey County Council (“IoACC”) have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixture, fittings or services nor have they verified that they are in working order, fit for their purpose, or within ownership of the Council.
(3) IoACC does not accept responsibility for any expenses incurred by prospective purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
(4) Unless otherwise stated all prices and rents are quoted exclusive of VAT. Subject to contract.
(5) If there is anything of particular importance to you, please contact IoACC’s Property Section and we will try to have the information checked for you.